In an interview with CNN, Jennifer revealed her top 5 reads and why she loves them – check out what she has to say!
1. “The Other Boleyn Girl” -”Gregory is one of my favorite authors, I’ve always loved history, and she makes it…salacious.”
2. “Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters” – “I’m so drawn to Salinger’s view of society back then, and to his sarcasm. I read “Catcher in the Rye” first, then this one. I don’t think there’s ever been anything like these characters in American literature.”
3. “We Need to Talk About Kevin” – Shriver’s haunting novel is not quite horror and not quite thriller, “but it’s definitely dramatic,” Lawrence says.
4. “Anna Karenina” – “I really wasn’t expecting to like it. I thought I wouldn’t want to finish an 800-page book, but then I started slowing down and reading the same chapters over and over. You fall in love with the characters; you grow up with them.”
5. “The Rum Diary” – “You can tell in one sentence if what you’re reading is by Thompson,” Jennifer said. “You read a Thompson book because of his voice. He’s always getting wrecked in San Juan and reporting on cockfights. He’s just hilarious.”
Jennifer is currently gearing up to begin shooting the next movie for the second book of the Hunger Games series, titled Catching Fire. The movie is expected to be released into theaters November 2013. Can’t wait!