In this behind the scenes look, Taylor talks about her inspiration for makeup, and even explained how she loves trying new things with her look.
“I try to experiment as much as I possibly can with fashion and makeup looks.” Taylor said. “For tour especially this year, we put together nine different looks over the course of a two hour show.”
“My inspiration for different looks as far as makeup comes from things that I see.” She continued. “What my fans are wearing in the meet and greet line. If I see a girl show up with this amazing shocking teal eyeshadow, I might try that the next night.”
Check out the video below to see all of Taylor’s different looks! Which one do you like best?
Country superstar Taylor Swift is always on the road, touring and performing for fans with three hit albums under her belt. The blonde beauty is known for her sparkling dresses, and has recently been named one of the new spokespeople for Cover Girl Cosmetics! So what can Taylor not live without on tour? She revealed to Lucky Magazine 10 things she must have with her this summer!
1. A Sharpie – “A Sharpie is one of my on-tour staples, because before every show, every night, I write the number 13 on my right hand (my strumming hand when I play guitar), since it is my lucky number. Also, sometimes when I’m bored I write lyrics on my arm!”
2. Covergirl Lipstick – “I keep Cover Girl’s red lipstick with me at all times! Even if I’m too lazy to put on any makeup in the morning, the one thing that I do like to do is have some lip color.”
3. Grammy Ring – “There is a ring that I wear every day on the middle finger of my left hand—it was a ring that I was going to borrow to wear to the Grammys last year, but after I won Album of the Year the diamond company said, ‘Go ahead and keep that ring!’ And so, I did! And I wear it every single day, and it reminds me of how lucky I was to have that moment and that memory.”
4. Knee-High Boots – “I’ve worn a lot of boots on stage, and the ones that I find that I like the best for performing and running around and jumping up and down on stage are these boots by a company called Everybody. They’re black and they come up to my knee, and there is no heel on them. They are, in my mind, perfect for performing!”
5. Covergirl Mascara – “I do my own makeup a lot, so I’m always trying new products. Right now, I’m really liking Nature Luxe Mousse Mascara. It has good volume and isn’t heavy.”
6. Saddle Bag Purse – “Lately I’ve been carrying this brown, saddle bag-looking purse with a shoulder strap and it looks really kind of vintage, and maybe it reminds me of when I was riding growing up. It’s made by Rugby by Ralph Lauren.”
7. Sundresses – “I’ve found some really awesome sundresses for summer and for touring at places like Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie. They seem to really have it covered in the sundress department.”
8. Dry Shampoo – “I really like to use any kind of dry shampoo. Just spray it on your hair and it gives it a lot of volume—whether it’s right before you’re getting ready and you’re doing your hair, or well, you know, if you find yourself on day two of not having time to wash it … it just makes it look great!”
9. Water Bottle – “Everybody around me knows that I am CONSTANTLY drinking water! I always have a bottle of water next to me. I think I started doing that when I started touring. I just noticed that it makes me feel a lot more energized and a lot healthier just to be constantly drinking water.”
10. Curling Iron – “I take a spiral curling iron on the road with me all the time; it’s the best thing if you really need to define your curls. It’s a definite go-to for getting ready before a show.”
You can subscribe to Teen Daily by e-mail address to receive news and updates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!