Vampire Diaries star Nina Dobrev always has flawless looking skin when she hits the red carpet, and now she’s shared some of her best tips so that YOU can be on your way to healthy, glowing skin too!
What are Nina’s best skincare tips?
1. Use organic products “I honest believe it’s important not to put chemicals in your body and keep it as pure as possible.” Nina says.
2. Take off your makeup! “You really need to take off your makeup, and let your skin breathe sometimes.” she explains. Nina even makes sure she is always prepared for a clean face, even when she’s on the road: “I always have makeup wipes and moisturizers when I fly. I take all my makeup off and lather on Origins GinZing moisturizer. It actually revives your face within seconds. I can’t even describe it.”
3. Protect your skin from the sun With summer just around the corner, it’s even more important than ever to protect your skin from the harsh UV rays of the sun. Nina admitted that the product she can’t live without is Jergen’s Natural Glow Moisturizer, which gives a healthy glow without the damage from the sun!
What are YOUR favorite summertime products?
Country singer Taylor Swift recently revealed to Women’s Wear Daily that she will be releasing her very own signature fragrance later this year! The scent is called Wonderstruck and will be available October 2011.
“I share personal life experiences through my music, and my fragrance will allow me to share these experiences with my fans in a completely different and new way. Falling in love is a moment every girl daydreams about and Wonderstruck represents that magical feeling of promise and hope and intrigue. It was fascinating to learn that you could layer so many different scents to create a beautiful end result.” Taylor told WWD.
“I wrote the lyric, ‘I’m wonderstruck, blushing all the way home,’ for the song ‘Enchanted’ about the first time you meet someone. A fragrance can help shape someone’s first impression and memory of you. It’s exciting to think that Wonderstruck will play a role in creating some of those memories.”
The fragrance was created by Taylor herself along with Olivaer Gillotin. Wonderstruck is ‘a gourmand floral; a charming and sparkling surprise of vibrant fruits, kissed by a bouquet of soft petals and a touch of sweet indulgence.’
Be sure to look out for Wonderstruck in department stores this October!
Country superstar Taylor Swift is always on the road, touring and performing for fans with three hit albums under her belt. The blonde beauty is known for her sparkling dresses, and has recently been named one of the new spokespeople for Cover Girl Cosmetics! So what can Taylor not live without on tour? She revealed to Lucky Magazine 10 things she must have with her this summer!
1. A Sharpie – “A Sharpie is one of my on-tour staples, because before every show, every night, I write the number 13 on my right hand (my strumming hand when I play guitar), since it is my lucky number. Also, sometimes when I’m bored I write lyrics on my arm!”
2. Covergirl Lipstick – “I keep Cover Girl’s red lipstick with me at all times! Even if I’m too lazy to put on any makeup in the morning, the one thing that I do like to do is have some lip color.”
3. Grammy Ring – “There is a ring that I wear every day on the middle finger of my left hand—it was a ring that I was going to borrow to wear to the Grammys last year, but after I won Album of the Year the diamond company said, ‘Go ahead and keep that ring!’ And so, I did! And I wear it every single day, and it reminds me of how lucky I was to have that moment and that memory.”
4. Knee-High Boots – “I’ve worn a lot of boots on stage, and the ones that I find that I like the best for performing and running around and jumping up and down on stage are these boots by a company called Everybody. They’re black and they come up to my knee, and there is no heel on them. They are, in my mind, perfect for performing!”
5. Covergirl Mascara – “I do my own makeup a lot, so I’m always trying new products. Right now, I’m really liking Nature Luxe Mousse Mascara. It has good volume and isn’t heavy.”
6. Saddle Bag Purse – “Lately I’ve been carrying this brown, saddle bag-looking purse with a shoulder strap and it looks really kind of vintage, and maybe it reminds me of when I was riding growing up. It’s made by Rugby by Ralph Lauren.”
7. Sundresses – “I’ve found some really awesome sundresses for summer and for touring at places like Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie. They seem to really have it covered in the sundress department.”
8. Dry Shampoo – “I really like to use any kind of dry shampoo. Just spray it on your hair and it gives it a lot of volume—whether it’s right before you’re getting ready and you’re doing your hair, or well, you know, if you find yourself on day two of not having time to wash it … it just makes it look great!”
9. Water Bottle – “Everybody around me knows that I am CONSTANTLY drinking water! I always have a bottle of water next to me. I think I started doing that when I started touring. I just noticed that it makes me feel a lot more energized and a lot healthier just to be constantly drinking water.”
10. Curling Iron – “I take a spiral curling iron on the road with me all the time; it’s the best thing if you really need to define your curls. It’s a definite go-to for getting ready before a show.”
You can subscribe to Teen Daily by e-mail address to receive news and updates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!